Arkansas 4-H Citizenship Curriculum
My Community, My Country, My World
The goal of the Arkansas 4-H Citizenship Curriculum "My Community, My Country, My World", is to empower young people to become educated responsible citizens in an interdependent world. The curriculum consists of 30 lessons, appropriate for a range from 3rd grade to 12th grade. It utilizes Arkansas specific resources and examples and is designed to be continuously expanding to address new and emerging issues.
Below you will find lesson plans that can be used to address citizenship issues from the Community, Country and World viewpoint. Click on the My Community, My Country or My World link for available lesson plans from each category.
Resources for Program Development
- ABCs of Citizenship (Arkansas Secretary of State)
- 4-H Afterschool Citizenship Lesson Plans for Grades K-3 (ISU Extension)
- 4-H Afterschool Citizenship Lesson Plans for Grades 4-6 (ISU Extension)
- 4-H Afterschool Citizenship Lesson Plans for Grades 7-8 (ISU Extension)
- 4-H Citizenship Curriculum Resources (VA)
- US Citizenship Jeopardy
- Afterschool Activities for Citizenship, Leadership and Service
- Government is Us!
- Cultural Awareness