- These contests are being run by the University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture
Cooperative Extension Service Animal Science Department.
- The contests will begin on May 20 and end on October 24 at 11:59 p.m. central standard
- You must be 13-19 years old to enter the contest. If you’re 9-12 years old a parent
can post your photos and/or videos on your behalf. Only Arkansas 4-H members (or parents
of Arkansas 4-H members submitting photos for their children) are eligible to enter
- We want you to visually tell the story of your 2016 4-H Livestock Show Project by
taking photos and/or videos of your project. There will be two Grand Prize winners
(one on Facebook and one on Instagram) who will be announced by Friday, November 3.
A winner in each species (cattle, swine, sheep, and goats) on both Facebook and Instagram
(8 total) will be chosen as well. Each month, from May to October, there will be a
special theme and hashtag to use for the month with a winner chosen each month (one
on Facebook and one on Instagram). Each winner will receive a prize. Winners will
be determined based on their ability to effectively tell their 4-H Livestock story
and how raising their animal(s) has positively impacted their lives.
- To enter the contest, take a photo or video and upload it with a descriptive caption
and utilize the appropriate species hashtag. You must utilize the official hashtag(s)
to enter. Only the following animals will be included in the contest:
- Cattle: #Ark4HCattleStory16
- Hogs: #Ark4HSwineStory16
- Sheep: #Ark4HSheepStory16
- Goats: #Ark4HGoatStory16
- There is no limit to the number of times you post about your 4-H Livestock Show Project
with the appropriate hashtag to enter the contest. You may enter multiple species.
- All entries will be entered into the contest; the winner will be selected from a panel
of judges to be comprised of, but not limited to Arkansas Extension personnel, industry
stakeholders, producers, or other individuals involved in the field of animal science,
youth development, and/or communications.
- The judge’s decisions are final.
- By adding photos and/or videos to the Facebook and/or Instagram contest, you are granting
permission for these images and/or videos to be used by the University of Arkansas
System Division of Agriculture.
- By submitting your photos and/or videos, you understand and agree that the University
of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture has no obligation to publish your photo
or video. You must be the author/copyright holder of all images and/or videos submitted
and they must be taken this year.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with,
Facebook or Instagram. Any questions, comments, or complaints regarding the contest
should be directed to the University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture Cooperative
Extension Service Animal Science Department, not Facebook or Instagram.