Arkansas 4-H College Scholarships
Applications are due by February 1
Arkansas 4-H members are eligible to receive only one college 4-H scholarship from each category of state 4-H scholarships:
- General scholarships
- Former state advanced 4-H Record Book winners Scholarships (claiming)
- Governor's Award Scholarship
- All attachments must be included with the scholarship applications and received in the state 4-H Youth Development office by February 1 for the application to be considered.
- All 4-H members awarded a state 4-H scholarship shall attend the 4-H Awards of Excellence ceremony to receive their scholarship. Failure to attend or have a valid excuse may result in automatic disqualification of the award.
- A state scholarship must be used within one year of the date of the award. If the scholarship is not used within the year of limitation, the winner must submit a request a time extension through the county Extension office where they resided at the time they became eligible for the award or fill in the online Scholarship Extension Request Form. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the scholarship.
You may use either the PDF fillable scholarship application and take it to your county Extension Agent or you may use the NEW fully online 4-H scholarship form below.
You may complete, print, and take your applications with all supporting documentation to your county Extension office and they will forward to the state office postmarked by February 1 or you may fill out scholarship form online at the link below.
Only one application needs to be submitted for all scholarships, including transcripts and
letters of recommendation. You must check the boxes next to all the scholarships for
which you are applying on the first page of the application form.
- Sue Marshall Scholarship ($8,000)
Two $8,000 scholarships ($2,000 per year renewable for a maximum of three years). Present or former 4-H member who will be enrolled in an accredited Family and Consumer Sciences program. Preference given to those enrolled at the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville.
- Ada and Tyrrell Anderson 4-H Scholarship ($6,000)
Ada and Tyrrell Anderson 4-H Scholarship - One $6,000 scholarship ($2,000 per year renewable for a maximum of three years) - Present or former 4-H'er from Madison (first priority) or Washington County who will be enrolled in a two- or four-year college or university in the University of Arkansas system.
- Robert D. and Betty F. Oliver Scholarship ($4,000)
Present or former 4-H'er who will be enrolled at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville. First priority given to members from Scott and Yell counties, second priority to members from Pulaski, Lonoke, Miller and Phillips counties. Third priority given to members from any county in west-central Arkansas.
- John W. White Scholarship ($1,000)Present or former 4-H'er who will be enrolled in agriculture or human environmental sciences at the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville in the Fall of the current year.
- C.A. and Joye Vines Scholarship ($1,000)
Present or former 4-H'er who is a graduating high school senior or will be enrolled in an institution of higher learning in the Fall of the current year and has done outstanding achievement work.
- Seidenstricker Family Scholarship ($1,000)
Present or former 4-H member who will enroll in an institution of higher education in the fall of the current year and who has done outstanding 4-H work. (Pending funding)
- Zack O. and Jennie D. Jennings Scholarship ($1,000)
Graduating high school senior who is a Teen Star and has done outstanding leadership work.
Oaklawn Jockey Club/AR Livestock Show 4-H Club Scholarships ($625, four available)
Present 4-H'er who is a high school senior and is currently exhibiting livestock in the Arkansas State Fair and Livestock Show.
- Maeda Asbell 4-H Scholarship ($250 to $400)
Present or former 4-H member who will be enrolled in an institution of higher education in the fall of the current year and who has done outstanding 4-H work.
- Raymond C. Cox Scholarships ($500, maximum of two)
Will be awarded to present or former 4-H'ers who will be enrolling in an institution of higher education (vocational or four-year program) in the fall or spring of the current year and have done outstanding work in 4-H.
- Larry Sandage Arkansas Forage and Grassland Council Scholarship
Present 4-H member who is enrolled in an Arkansas college or university career in or related to forage or grass production or the cattle industry.
Dennis R Millard Memorial 4-H Scholarship ($1,000)
- Present or former 4-H’er enrolled in a two or four year institution of higher education who have excelled in 4-H leadership, 4-H community service or the mentoring of other 4-H members. First priority given to members from Grant, Hot Spring, or Miller Counties. Second priority given to members in the Ouachita District. Applicants are required to submit a 500 word essay with their achievements, future goals, and the impact 4-H has had on their life.
Fayetteville Rotary Club/Dale Killian Memorial Scholarship ($1,000)Present 4-H member from Washington County who will be enrolled at the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville.
- Farm Credit Cooperatives Scholarship ($2,000)Present 4-H member who is a graduating senior who will enroll in an institution of higher education in an agriculture related field. The member must reside in one of Farm Credit's 41 chartered counties.
4-H Record Book Scholarships
Those claiming a 4-H Record Book Scholarship should submit a 4-H scholarship application
due by February 1 of their senior year of high school.
Governor's Award Scholarship ($1,000)
This award is available only to current or former state 4-H Record Book winners. A
current 4-H Record Book and the 4-H Governor's Award Nomination Form must be submitted
by February 1 to the state 4-H office.
- How To Apply for Payment (Only complete this portion after you are awarded a scholarship.)
- For scholarships under $4,000, the entire scholarship is payable the first semester to the post-secondary educational institution.
- Request for payment of scholarship funds (FY4-H-638) must be made to the 4-H state office as soon as the recipient becomes eligible.
- Winners must attach a current class schedule or proof of enrollment statement from the school's registrar stating they are currently enrolled.
- Winner must attach a thank-you note written to the scholarship donor the first semester. The note will be forwarded to the scholarship donor.
- Checks are made payable to the institution and the 4-H member and are mailed directly to the institution. Processing of scholarship payment requires at least two (2) weeks.
- Request for 4-H Scholarship