Giving - Impacting the Future
Since 1905, the Cooperative Extension Service strives to improve the economic well-being and quality of lives of all Arkansans through its non-formal educational programs. A component of the University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture, the Cooperative Extension Service has four primary program areas for which state and county faculty and staff build their curriculum and educational initiatives:
1) 4-H Youth Development,
3) Community and Economic Development, and
4) Family and Consumer Sciences.
Whether in a classroom, a boardroom, a field or a home, individuals and communities are experiencing the positive impact of Extension's educational programs.
Historically, these programs have been funded primarily through county, state, and federal appropriations and grants. As federal funding becomes more competitive in nature and as county and state funding are directly impacted by economic conditions, the role of private, philanthropic giving moves to the forefront in helping the University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture extend itself in meeting the complexities of its constituencies: the communities and people of Arkansas.
Every dollar donated helps move the University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture forward.
Your gift today may make any of the following impacts:
- Pave a way for a 4-H member to attend college
- Invest in the professional development of a faculty or staff member of the Cooperative Extension Service
- Advance best management practices resulting in an improved and economically strong food source
- Develop the next leaders and decision makers on the intricacies of issues facing Arkansas, especially rural Arkansas
- Improve the health of your neighbors through fitness and health education and activities
- Build healthy, sustainable communities
- Establish financially sound homes and communities
- Endow a program to provide funds for your county program indefinitely
- Renovate a facility or room with state-of-the-art technology.
Your tax-deductible gift is an investment into improving the living quality for all communities and residents throughout Arkansas.
For more information or assistance in determining how to best support the University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture with a gift that is meaningful to you and makes a difference today and tomorrow, please contact us