Division of Agriculture multimedia
Our extension and research staff and faculty are always finding new ways to connect with our clients.
Learn about the history and the work of the Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service in this edition of AETN's Agri Arkansas.
Ozarks agriculture at center stage in KUAF series
Take a listen as KUAF-FM's Community Spotlight Series features aspects of Ozarks Agriculture. The series is the handiwork of Johnny Gunsualis and Neal Mays, Benton County extension staff chair and ag agent for the University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture and Pete Hartman, operations manager at KUAF. And talk about homegrown, the music is composed and performed by John Clark, world-renowned fruit breeder for the University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture.
Segment No. 1 - Farm to School
Segment No. 2 - Agritourism
Segment No. 3 - The Family Farm
Life on the Farm - Part 1 with Roger Remington's family.
Segment No. 4 - The Family Farm, part 2.
Life on the Farm - Part 2. A continuation of the Remington family interview.
Segment No. 5 - Robots and sally ports
4-H in the 21st Century - Johnny Gunsaulis talks about 4-H and how it's' more than just cows and cooking.
Segment No. 6 - Protected agriculture
Expanding the growing season - First of two parts from fruit, nut and vegetable researcher Elena Garcia on protected agriculture.
Segment No. 7 - Protected agriculture
Tunnel vs. greenhouse - Neal Mays speaks with Elena Garcia on protected agriculture.
Segment No. 8 - Changes in NWA
Growth of the poultry industry, changes in farming in NW Arkansas.
Segment No. 9 - Changes - Part 2
More on the growth of NWA and changes in agriculture over the decades.
Segment No. 10 - Discovery Farms
Jeff Marley of Elkins talks about what he's learned being part of the Discovery Farms program.
Arkansas Land & Life
Since the 1990s, the University of Arkansas System's Division of Agriculture has produced Arkansas Land & Life magazine. The twice-a-year publication highlights the Division's people and the work they do on behalf of all Arkansans. The video version of Arkansas Land & Life, which made its debut in 2015, brings our stories to life.
Find these and other news, feature and how-to videos on our ARextension channel: www.youtube.com/user/ARextension/videos.
- Migrating mallards, fall webworms; and the importance of water quality. (Nov. 27, 2015)
- Corn verification program, endangered species and a non-GMO soybean. (Sept. 23, 2015)
- Hank Chaney: mentor; bugs causing a stink and breakfast! (Sept. 4, 2015)
- The 2015 Arkansas Rice Expo, avian flu and kids and honey bees. (Aug. 18, 2015)
- Sprayer technology; back to school expenses and closing the forage gap. (July 31, 2015)
- Big Creek research project; three Arkansas 4-H Governor's Awards, Rice Expo Preview(July 7, 2015)
- A national strawberry initiative, cattle and summer, junk drawer robotics.
- Fllood recovery; aquaponics and bee health. (June 19, 2015)
- A new twist on corporate competition, food scientists and Arkansas River flooding. (June 5, 2015)
- Water quality research, Arkansas Discovery Farms and the 2015 Soybean Science Challenge winner. (May 22, 2015)
Economic Contribution of Agriculture to Arkansas
The impact of agriculture on Arkansas' economy.