Personal & Family Well-Being
Family Life is full of challenges, but it is also rewarding when we make wise choices. We have created research-based programs to increase personal well-being, strengthen couple relationships, and empower effective parenting. All of these programs and materials are intended to help you make choices that will lead to a more enjoyable and satisfying family life.
School is in, sports seasons will soon be under way (or finishing up), and we'll be preparing for fall holidays! UAEX Family Life has your back.
The Holidays are Coming!
As we move through the fall, the holiday stress begins. This year may be especially stressful with the added election talk and constant news coverage. Look for information about surviving the election season, managing stress through the holidays, fun holiday activities, and more!
- Shopping without Overendulging
- Holiday Travel with Kids
- Beating the Holiday Blues
- And More!
Visit our Childcare Resources page for more activities like this!
What's in the News?
The Mayo Clinic offers tips on managing stress and its effects on mental health during the holiday season.
- Arkansas Department of Health posting of information related to the current mumps cases in Arkansas including school districts affected.
- The American Psychological Association offers tools to help manage distress following a shooting.
- The National Institutes of Health share a toolkit for new and expecting moms and those who love them. These tools offer guidance on mental health issues such as anxiety or depression during and after pregnancy.
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services offers information on Zika Virus including risk factors, symptoms, and prevention strategies.