Personal & Family Well-Being
Family Life is full of challenges, but it is also rewarding when we make wise choices. We have created research-based programs to increase personal well-being, strengthen couple relationships, and empower effective parenting. All of these programs and materials are intended to help you make choices that will lead to a more enjoyable and satisfying family life.
School is in, sports seasons will soon be under way (or finishing up), and we'll be preparing for fall holidays! UAEX Family Life has your back.
The Holidays are Coming!
As we move through the fall, the holiday stress begins. This year may be especially stressful with the added election talk and constant news coverage. Look for information about surviving the election season, managing stress through the holidays, fun holiday activities, and more!
- Let's Keep It Civil: Election Cycle Survival for Families
- Fun Fall Activities for Families
- Tips for Sports/Activity Parents
- Holiday Travel with Kids
- And More!
Visit our Childcare Resources page for more activities like this!
What's in the News?
- If you are feeling stressed this election season, you are not alone. APA reserach suggests that more than 50% of American adults (regardless of political affiliation) are feeling significant stress as a result of this year's election. Most common source of stress...social media.
- The Centers for Disease Control offers information about heatstroke and heat related illnesses including ways to avoid and treat.
- The American Psychological Association offers tools to help manage distress following a shooting.
- The National Institutes of Health share a toolkit for new and expecting moms and those who love them. These tools offer guidance on mental health issues such as anxiety or depression during and after pregnancy.
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services offers information on Zika Virus including risk factors, symptoms, and prevention strategies.