Personal & Family Well-Being
Family Life is full of challenges, but it is also rewarding when we make wise choices. We have created research-based programs to increase personal well-being, strengthen couple relationships, and empower effective parenting. All of these programs and materials are intended to help you make choices that will lead to a more enjoyable and satisfying family life.
School is in, sports seasons will soon be under way (or finishing up), and we'll be preparing for fall holidays! UAEX Family Life has your back.
September is Disaster Preparedness Month!
Ready.gov has lots of resources to help your family be prepared in the event of a natural or other disaster.
This week, make a family emergency communication plan using the tools here: https://www.ready.gov/make-a-plan
- Dating Safety for Teens and Adults
- Fun Fall Activities for Families
- Tips for Sports/Activity Parents
- Holiday Travel with Kids
- And More!
Visit our Childcare Resources page for more activities like this!
What's in the News?
- The Centers for Disease Control offers information about heatstroke and heat related illnesses including ways to avoid and treat.
- The American Psychological Association offers tools to help manage distress following a shooting.
- The National Institutes of Health share a toolkit for new and expecting moms and those who love them. These tools offer guidance on mental health issues such as anxiety or depression during and after pregnancy.
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services offers information on Zika Virus including risk factors, symptoms, and prevention strategies.