Arkansas Ballot Issue Education
Empowering Arkansas voters
More than 1.6 million Arkansans voted in the 2012 General Election.
Along with presidential and congressional candidates, voters had statewide issues to decide, and in some cases, local issues dealing with taxes or community needs.
Because candidates dominate most election season coverage, it is very possible that voters walk into the voting booth with little knowledge of the ballot issues before them.
Decisions might be based on the memory of the last campaign sign they saw or voters end up skipping the ballot issue all together because they don't want to vote on something they don't understand.
The Public Policy Center helps Arkansans better understand the financial, social or policy implications of a proposed law by publishing research-based fact sheets on ballot issues and by offering educational programs at the county level. Our goals are to increase voter participation and help Arkansans feel confident in their vote.
Be apart of Arkansas. Vote!
Read Up on the November 2016 Ballot Issues
- Find out what statewide issues are on the November 2016 ballot by clicking here.
- Catch up on the latest ballot issue news by reading our monthly email newsletter here.
- Sign up for News & Notes, the Public Policy Center's monthly newsletter about Arkansas ballot issues.
- Request a presentation on statewide ballot issues. Contact your local county agent or e-mail us for more information.
- Send us your ballot issue questions. E-mail the firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Us On Social Media