Want to sell your products or services to the government? These resources may help.
You may be wondering what a DUNS number is and how to get one. Maybe you have questions about rules and regulations regarding government contracting. APAC can help you navigate System for Award Management (SAM), register for your DUNS Number, and more. When you have questions about doing business with the government, call the Arkansas Procurement Assistance Center.
To help you, there is a list below of resources commonly used by our clients.
Frequently Requested Resources for Government Contracting in Arkansas
- SAM – System for Award Management -The System for Award Management (SAM) is the Official U.S. Government system that
consolidated the capabilities of CCR/FedReg, ORCA, and EPLS. There is NO fee to register
for this site.
- Dynamic Small Business Search (DSBS) - The Dynamic Small Business Search is a marketing site as well as the location for
SBA Certifications for the 8a Business Development Program and HUBZone Program. Learn
more about the DSBS program here.
- D&B D-U-N-S Number - A DUNS number is a unique, non-indicative 9-digit identifier issued and maintained
by D&B (Dun & Bradstreet) that verifies the existence of a business entity globally.
This is required to perform work with the Federal Government.
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) official site - The FAR contains the rules for doing business with the federal government.
- FAR Supplements for each Agency - This page links to key agency FAR supplements and related documents.
- NAICS -- North American Industry Classification System - 2007 Look-up National Stock
Number (NSN) Search - The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) is the standard used by
Federal statistical agencies in classifying business establishments for the purpose
of collecting, analyzing, and publishing statistical data related to the U.S. business
- Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Search - This page allows the user to search the 1987 version SIC manual by keyword, to access
descriptive information for a specified 2,3,4-digit SIC, and to examine the manual
- Braddock's Procurement Opportunities Guide – 2014 Edition- Braddock's Procurement Opportunities Guide is a primer designed to help small business owners and decision makers understand the government procurement and private sector procurement spaces. The Guide provides an overview of government and corporate markets with an emphasis on who buys and how buying decisions are made.