Arkansas Procurement Assistance Center (APAC)
As part of the University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service, we work with small and large Arkansas based companies that would like to sell their goods or services to federal, state or local government agencies. Our Program Associates can train you and your business associates how to navigate the government procurement process. APAC collaborates with other agencies in order to ensure the overall economic well-being of the State of Arkansas. Most of our services are free to clients!
Are you interested in how APAC could help grow your local economy? APAC Outreach Coordinators are here to help with information and workshops! Our District Map shows you which district your county is in and how to contact your Coordinator.
What can APAC do for you?
- One-on-one counseling provided by experienced consultants
- Help clients locate opportunities to sell products or services to government agencies
- Provides training on a variety of government contracting topics available at no cost or, available at a nominal fee.
- Free counseling on any issue related to selling goods or services to public agencies
- Solicitation analysis and proposal scrub down
- Assistance with certifications and registrations to qualify for agencies the client wishes to approach
- Help with locating government specifications, drawings, procurement history, and other difficult-to-find data
What can APAC not do:
- Provide financial support or assistance, such as grants and financing
- Provide references or endorsements
- Prepare your bid or proposal (but we show you how)
- Represent your company, or act as your agent, or make any decisions for you
- Accept any payment or gift for these services (except tuition for the accredited course)
- Help you with litigation against the government
How to become an APAC client:
- Complete a Client Application
- Be in a business capable of or potentially capable of providing goods or services to a public agency
- Have a primary place of business located in Arkansas
- Provide data about the company and its ownership, which APAC will not divulge
- Be computer literate with e-mail and Internet access
- Actively pursue government contracts and the related registrations and certifications
- Provide a simple Monthly Activity Report online containing information about your government sales
The Arkansas Procurement Assistance Center, which serves as a Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC), is funded in part through a cooperative agreement from the Department of Defense (DOD) through a program that is administered by the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA). The content of any written materials or verbal communications of the PTAC does not necessarily reflect the official views of or imply endorsement by DOD or DLA.
APAC is an economic development program operated by the University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service in Little Rock, AR. under a Cost-Sharing Cooperative Agreement with the Department of Defense, with additional matching support from our sponsors.
APAC is located at 2301 South University Avenue, Room 110, Little Rock, AR. 72204